Brett asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 3 years ago

Which credit card is prestigious?

I just got my first credit card, the "Discover it card" but I saw a family guy skit of them making fun of it s inclusiveness, impliying anyone may obtain one. Then my friend told me that Discover is trash and everyone who uses "it" is trash :/ I was wondering if this is how everyone feels. Should I get American Express?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Shay
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

You should be more concerned with things like annual fees, interest rates, and cash rewards instead of how "prestigious" the card is.

They all work the same when you hand them to the cashier.

• Never
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I don't have an amex. 2% cashback visa and discover are fine for me.

Your friend is trash.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I think people who pay for cards such as Amex when you can get one without a fee are the nutcases.

• night
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

It really isn't worth it to get a prestigious card and pay an annual fee if you don't need the high-end benefits. I have never had a Discover card; I think Master Card and Visa are good choices. You need to know if there is an annual fee, what the interest rates are, and what other fees( late, over the limit, etc.) there are to make a good decision about any credit card.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

I've had a really good experience with Discover. Their customer service is excellent! A real person answers the phone right away and their call centers are in America. My interest rate is lower than my Visa's rate and I've never been turned away when I tried to use it. There's no such thing as a "trash" credit card. They all serve the same purpose.

• IOM
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Everyone makes fun of Discover 😂

Get a Visa card like everyone else on the planet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.