What evidence is there that climate cycles are natural and "global warming" is a business?

All I've heard is that winters were bitterly cold until most recently circa 1840. The Industrial Revolution was infantile then and had significantly less impact than industry does today and the earth already began showing patterns of natural warming. Another part of information I was told was that 18th century... show more All I've heard is that winters were bitterly cold until most recently circa 1840. The Industrial Revolution was infantile then and had significantly less impact than industry does today and the earth already began showing patterns of natural warming.

Another part of information I was told was that 18th century almanacs reported that the earth's climate was so warm overall between the 7th and 9th centuries AD that England competed with France in wine production. There were no possible man-made emissions at this point and the earth was reported to be drastically warmer than it is now.

What other evidence is there that climate cycles are simply the earth "doing it's own thing" and that the global warming craze is simply a man-made political scam intended to try and force people to develop fake empathy and purchase gimmicky "clean air" products?
Update: Than why is there actual evidence that the earth has been warming gradually since the 1840's? And why aren't record high temperatures from the 1880's broken on a daily basis?
Update 2: Temperatures from the 1880's are only broken on occasion but not on a daily basis. Usually we are not even close to breaking them. We almost break record lows as often as high temperatures. But that would indicate that there is no change in weather.