Curiosity is disgusting?

I know, curiosity leads us to greatness and its always good to want to know more, but honestly.... i just saw a new story about a 12 year old killing herself live and i searched 10 minutes till i found the video.Why the F*** did i want to watch that disgusting,sad,depressing video.Honestly is this instinctual,please say that you have this sort of feeling too.

Favorite Answer

I am one that cannot be still if I hear a word or phrase I don't understand. I cannot be calm about a machine that I don't understand. My curiosity about how our minds work is limitless. But I would NEVER want to see what you have described. That is not curiosity, that is morbidity IMHO.

I admit that I know (and even respect) some people that would be morbidly curious just like you, but I don't really understand that.

Maybe I am the one that is different...

There are kinds of curiosity, a curiosity that is empowering, that helps you have more hope, learn new things, explore the world, and other that is pure gossip. The sad example you give is something that should be kept private, and the fact that it was taped does not mean that anybody should watch it. There's nothing to gain from it.

Nope. I have as much curiosity as a sloth. I also know what stories and videos will disturb me too much - like two girls and a cup - and I avoid them.

• Naguru

Yes. All true philosophers know this truth. There is no surprise in it. By the way, what do you want to ask about it.

Source(s): own

thanks for the warning