What can I expect buying a refurbished Playstation 3 from Gamestop and which is the best PS3 version to buy?

Before purchasing a next gen system (which will likely happen next year), I want to experience PS3 exclusive games and free multiplayer on the Playstation 3 having owned an Xbox 360 throughout the last gaming generation. The only new ones I can find are either a rip off or that 2nd Super Slim version with the... show more Before purchasing a next gen system (which will likely happen next year), I want to experience PS3 exclusive games and free multiplayer on the Playstation 3 having owned an Xbox 360 throughout the last gaming generation. The only new ones I can find are either a rip off or that 2nd Super Slim version with the manual loading disc tray which I really don't want. I want the 1st Slim Model with the automatic loading disc tray and the subjectively nicer design. There are many of these refurbished on the Gamestop website, some come packaged with several new games called "Blast From the Past" Bundles. I'm almost fully decided on one of these but I'm willing to accept any warnings or advice before purchasing. I just want to know what type of quality and functionality I can expect when getting what is seemingly a great deal like this from Gamestop. Also, what are the best PS3 exclusives besides God of War, Uncharted, and an awesome Blu-ray player which is primarily what I'm buying one for at this point in time? Thanks
1 answer 1