What's an Android and what's an iPhone?

Update:

After I told mom that all apps downloaded to only iPhone or Android, she said that my cell-phone is an Android. What is an Android then, and what is an iPhone?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • justme
    Lv 5
    5 years ago

Android is a open source OS made by google. Its a operating system avaliable to anyone. IPhone is a Apple name for its smartphone that only run on IOS. Also there are different verizons of android, because manufacturer can change how it looks a feel between diferent brand. So andriod will look different from different vendor.

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Android is a mobile OS developed by Google.

iPhones are smartphones made by Apple.

(& for the record there are other mobile OSs as well, i.e. BlackBerry OS, Windows 10 Mobile, etc)

• 5 years ago

First, those are two different identifiers. "Android" is actually an OS. iPhone is a phone model. iPhones run on iOS, which is how you should refer to it- Android and iOS. Otherwise, refer to the android phone by its manufacturer, such as Samsung, or lg.

iOS is essentially a user friendly software produced by apple thats simple and minimalist. Android provides more customizability. they offer different looks and navigate differently, but specific features depend on the phone itsself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.