I currently have an iPhone 6 and a GoPro Hero 4 Black. Should I get a DSLR?

I currently have an iPhone 6 and a GoPro Hero 4 Black. I m about to go on a month long road trip with my friends to see many of the United States national parks. I m considering getting a DSLR. I actually just purchased a Canon 80D online for a good price, but it is still quite expensive so if the iPhone and... show more I currently have an iPhone 6 and a GoPro Hero 4 Black. I m about to go on a month long road trip with my friends to see many of the United States national parks. I m considering getting a DSLR.
I actually just purchased a Canon 80D online for a good price, but it is still quite expensive so if the iPhone and GoPro will be enough, I might cancel the order to save the money and just use those 2 to for photography/videography of the trip.

What is your opinion? Is the money worth it to get a DSLR? Any advice would be great.