Dubbs
Dubbs asked in PetsCats · 5 years ago

Cat sedative or tranquilizer?

I ll be moving in a few weeks and the trip will take 2-3 days counting motel stops. I have a cat that weighs 20-25 lbs. I was hoping someone could recommend a good sedative or tranquilizer to keep him out for the ride.

• J C

Feliway spray is the only safe thing. Get a large crate, big enough for a small litter box and a folded blanket. Buckle it in, in the back seat. Sedatives can have a very adverse reaction in cats - what are you going to do in the event of an emergency enroute, in unfamiliar territory? Put him in the crate, use the Feliway, cover it with a sheet if necessary, and turn up the radio. You'll get through it.

• Ocimom

Cats have bad reactions to meds and sedatives. Do NOT try to sedate your cat when traveling. You can cover the carrier and play soft music on the trip.

I second Feliway.

There are no cat sedatives. There is only anesthesia.

• Mike

punch your cat in the face as hard as you can before the trip. he'll sleep the whole way. GL

• donald

blow kush in her face!