Will the Philippines become a developed country soon?

Yes, the Philippines will become a developed country soon. Considering the Philippine economic growth these past years, it has proven a potential of coping up with the global market. The Philippines has already been dubbed by many as "Asia's Rising Tiger", "Asia's Bright Spot", and "Asia's Rising Star". If the Philippine economic status quo surges on and a responsible and politically-willed presidential candidate shall be the next president, then development will be impossibly impossible.

Yes, but I'd like to mention that the amount of time this "soon" pertains to would be several years. Philippines is in a bad shape right now, but not the worse shape, just bad. This is all because of our corrupted government, and the continuous neglect of the poor.

If our government could somehow solve a small piece of the problem, then I think that would give us some progress towards making this country better. That's better than trying to solve all the problems with one swoop, which I feel like most government officials in the Philippines are aiming to do.

You know kuya, when others say that we are a poor country? We can't deny that. Because that is the whole truth. But, what's also true is, our country has been great before. And I am sure, it can also be in the future.

But in order to achieve that, we must know why our country is in its current state. Reason 3 is, because our country has been mismanaged for a long time now. The officials (although did their best) lacks the initiative to innovate ways to manage our country in the economic aspects , criminality aspects and most importantly the education quality aspect, which leads us to Reason 2, the lack of educated citizens. Many of the people in the Philippines (my country) has two strong characteristics. One is hospitability and the other is diligence in work. I am not saying that these two are bad traits, but I am pointing out that these two are not the key traits to success. The filipinos are too good to be brave and stand for their sovereign rights. Most of my countrymen in my observation lacks the knowledge needed to be successful.hat the citizens need is proper education so that they can know the possibilities of how their life can be. Especially after our elections, it is evident that many of the people's votes are easily bought by the politicians who belong to the upper class. This is because of lack of education too. Now, the fact there is, if the people keeps on allowing their votes to be bought, then the cycle of graft and corruption will never end. Which brings us to number 1 reason of the Philippines' poverty. And that is corruption. No matter how rich the cou try is, it will never be palpable to the people if the leaders themselves are the ones who takes away the money which was supposed to be for the people. Because, most rich politicians run for a Government post for their own interests so they cash out billions of money to win and when they win the spot, they steal trillions of money back which was supposed to be the boost for the country to go up.

Kuya, pardon me for the long response. This is the reality of the country. And the only way we can achieve progress in our country is when finally eradicated these 3 problems. Good day to you sire and God bless you. ☺

• james

No. I say this because pattens are the wealth of a Nation. The Philippines exports its best & brightest. At most it may become a lower middle class Country. That seems to be the stopping point world wide against Countries that hold pattens.

Depends if they can get a leader that can bring intergity back. Companies are hestitate to build there even tho there's tons of labor. The high level of corruption is keeping the economy down. Then again its a split country many very successful filipinos along with many poor. A filipino can be very well off there. You can live very comfortable or very simple there.

• Otto

The Philippines will be a paradise soon. Soon, Jesus will use his power as King to bring an end to all suffering and corruption and to those who cause it. -Psalm 37:9-11.

Source(s): Bible + jw.org

I think if the Philippines government will change because lots of corruption and it's so sad to hear but that's truth.

• Louis

You'd think that they would with the amount of jobs in Canada and the US being off-shored there, but these jobs being sent there are not only not helping their country, but they're ruining the lives of the people who lost them in North America, and creating an overall bad customer experience.

Only if Filipinos all go overseas to work and let someone else take over their corruption ridden excuse for a country.

• jereh

don't hold your breath.. our last chance was with Claro M Recto wanting to industrialize, the Filipino voters f*cked up the chance (with a little help from the CIA of course)