Pregnant and having problems with my managers. Help?

So I'm due in two weeks and three days and I started having problems doing tasks in my position a few months ago so I asked to be transferred to reception since at the time we were hiring for a receptionist. They told me I didn't have to apply for the position that they would just move me over there and here I am almost ready to pop and still haven't been moved.

The problems I'm having in my position is that I get over heated and besides it being hot in the room, i wear scrubs, a lab coat, a full coverage face shield and gloves to keep me protected from biohazards. I do a lot of bending, standing and walking.

I get a really bad lower abdomen cramp that leaves me doubled over and I sweat through my scrubs.

I finally put my foot down and told them that I can no longer do my position so they sent me home early and docked me an attendance point.

Also I've been informed that I will not be getting a raise I was told I was going to get because I'm not "dedicated to reception training"

Which confuses me because I've been nagging these people to get me trained and they still haven't.

I've been really vocal about my needs and they haven't followed through on anything. I was even in pain one day and asked to be moved so I could get off of my feet and was told they would have to check the status on the floor I work because "that's what's more important"

It's also really frustrating because there were two girls pregnant before me and both got moved quickly.

Just not sure what to do.

• Athena

Other than put in a formal complaint to HR it seems like you have done all that you could.

While I agree with you 100% on a moral bases, the problem is that you were hired to do a specific job. The business is not obligated to move things around becasue you decided to get pregnant. Not legally anyway.

Talk to your doctor about being put on disability early. They are supposed to provide you with reasonable accommodations, but pregnancy shouldn't really prevent you from walking or standing.

sounds like no one there likes you and they want you to quit