I have an excel problem. I have the schedules of people but need to convert them to a very specific format for a CSV to upload to payroll.?

So in one column I have start time, and in another I have end time. These are entered at present as text in the format 8:00 AM. So I need to take the start time and end time from two different columns and merge them into one 8 digit number. For example start time is 8:00 AM and finish time is 4:00 PM I need it to... show more So in one column I have start time, and in another I have end time. These are entered at present as text in the format 8:00 AM.
So I need to take the start time and end time from two different columns and merge them into one 8 digit number. For example start time is 8:00 AM and finish time is 4:00 PM I need it to say 08001600
Update: jzimmerman - thanks for your help but when I try the first step I cannot enter anything in "type"
1 answer 1