External building test, monitor won't turn on.?

The monitor in question is actually a television screen that I am using along with an hdmi cord. So far I have installed the cpu, heat sink fan, graphics card, ram and am testing before I insert anything into my case. Everything seems to be working fine, all the fans are spinning and the lights are lit, the only... show more The monitor in question is actually a television screen that I am using along with an hdmi cord. So far I have installed the cpu, heat sink fan, graphics card, ram and am testing before I insert anything into my case. Everything seems to be working fine, all the fans are spinning and the lights are lit, the only problem is that the TV still says no display. I don't want to continue building until the problem is solved. Help?
Update: I resolved the problem, I just unplugged all of the cords and re-plugged them in making sure they fit snugly, I think it had something to do with the motherboard not being entirely plugged in. Thank you for your help though. This is my first build and I am super excited.