Does the counselor have to write a LOR for the Common App?

In my school (not in US), we dont have a proper counselor and the person who is the counselor doesn't really do anything. The person who actually oversees the progress throughout the year is the Class Teacher. I have 3 LOR. One from my chemistry teacher who is my class teacher. One from computer and one from... show more In my school (not in US), we dont have a proper counselor and the person who is the counselor doesn't really do anything. The person who actually oversees the progress throughout the year is the Class Teacher. I have 3 LOR. One from my chemistry teacher who is my class teacher. One from computer and one from physics. But Common App requires me to invite a Counselor before I can complete the application. However, the problem is I dont know if Counselor has to write a LOr
If I write my class teacher as my counselor, can she still give me the LOR? And if I write my counselor's name, will he have to write a LOR (this is a very busy time of the year and it would be difficult for him to write it but if I request he will write it)?
1 answer 1