Is community service a proper extra curricular services for colleges?

Update: I dont really play any sports or instruments. I spend most of my time studying or reading. And I spend my vacations on community services. I have led a few campaigns and I am part of a committee for cleaning my country(India) and an active participant in a NGO(actually 2 but my dad works for one, so I dont know if... show more I dont really play any sports or instruments. I spend most of my time studying or reading. And I spend my vacations on community services. I have led a few campaigns and I am part of a committee for cleaning my country(India) and an active participant in a NGO(actually 2 but my dad works for one, so I dont know if I should write that one)
Update 2: Also, what is meant by community service hours( I dont keep a track as I dont usually have a watch which I keep looking at to check hours spent, I mean if I say that I spent my half summer vacation for 3 years (last 3) doing this what do I say?) And how do I prove the duration that I have done it for? For example,... show more Also, what is meant by community service hours( I dont keep a track as I dont usually have a watch which I keep looking at to check hours spent, I mean if I say that I spent my half summer vacation for 3 years (last 3) doing this what do I say?) And how do I prove the duration that I have done it for? For example, you get awards for music and sports? I am pretty sure that I did not get an award for these stuff( it is called volunteering because I did it as I wanted to)
1 answer 1