How do US Universities convert Indian CBSE Marks to GPA?

Update: I always thought that they don't. But one of my friends just filled out his Common App and acc to him, his marks were automatically converted to GPA. While it seems reasonable to convert it, the conversion seems bizzare. According to him, he gave a 65% in his class 11 which converted to 3.6. Now, I am confused... show more I always thought that they don't. But one of my friends just filled out his Common App and acc to him, his marks were automatically converted to GPA. While it seems reasonable to convert it, the conversion seems bizzare. According to him, he gave a 65% in his class 11 which converted to 3.6. Now, I am confused is this a different scale or the same on out of 4. Which if it is, how is the distinction between 75, 85 and 95% made( if all are 4, then would it not be impossible to differentiate).
Update 2: or maybe he was lying(dont know why he would, but if he did then well I guess then ignore the question.
1 answer 1