How to hook up samsung smart tv and samsung surround sound?

Right now I have a Samsung smart TV, a Samsung surround sound system, and a Rogers HD box. The Samsung surround sound system comes with the speakers, as well as a 3D Blu ray player/receiver. Here is how I have it set up as of right now: I have an HDMI cable going from the hdmi output of the Rogers HD box to the... show more Right now I have a Samsung smart TV, a Samsung surround sound system, and a Rogers HD box.
The Samsung surround sound system comes with the speakers, as well as a 3D Blu ray player/receiver. Here is how I have it set up as of right now: I have an HDMI cable going from the hdmi output of the Rogers HD box to the hdmi input surround sound receiver. Then I have an hdmi cable going from the hdmi output of the receiver to the hdmi input of my smart tv.
Currently, the sound works. The receiver has many different sources; D.In, aux, hdmi1, hdmi2. So when I switch the source to HDMI 1, I have surround sound on my TV. However, here is the problem, when I try to watch Netflix or watch youtube videos, or anything on the internet from the smart tv directly, their is no sound what so ever. It just switch to D.In source all the time, and when I switch it back to HDMI1, it just switches back. However, when I go back to tv, its fine. I can watch shows with the surround sound on.
How do I set it up so that if I want to watch netflix or anything directly on the tv, I can watch it with sound. I also want it set up so that the tv I am watching is still going to go through the rogers hd box, as the rogers box makes the quality better. Furthermore, I want it to be set up so that when I turn on the tv , the surround sound receiver/Blu ray also turns on.