Wii U versus PS4, can't decide which to buy?

I pre-ordered the PS4 months ago, and I know it's going to be a great system, but recently I've been thinking that I might like to pick up the Wii U instead. Since I put in pre-order, I noticed that a lot of the games I really want for the PS4 aren't even being released until the end of the year/ early... show more I pre-ordered the PS4 months ago, and I know it's going to be a great system, but recently I've been thinking that I might like to pick up the Wii U instead. Since I put in pre-order, I noticed that a lot of the games I really want for the PS4 aren't even being released until the end of the year/ early next year, like The Order, Watch Dogs, Need for Speed, Destiny, The Crew. The only launch day title they have that I even wanted now is Knack, and I find that rather disappointing.

So, I've been thinking about getting a Wii U instead, especially since they just released their Legend of Zelda Windwaker edition, and it looks pretty good. It has a bunch of games I'd be interested in playing and it looks like a lot of fun. I played a lot of Nintendo games throughout my life, and they are always really fun. But I was told by a friend that there's not really any point to getting a Wii U unless you have friends over a lot of the time, which I really don't ever. I'm also uncertain about the controller for the Wii U. I feel like it might be rather awkward, as it's a lot different from the traditional controllers that I'm more accustomed to.

I mostly just want to know if it has enough good single player game play, and if it's a good quality system. Would it be worth my time, or should I just wait for the PS4? I do intend to get the PS4 eventually anyway, because I want to be able to play new PS4 games with my friends when they finally come out. I would be the only one with a Wii U that I know. I feel so torn, I just can't decide!