What should I get for the next gen? (Read Description) PC, or PS4?

Ok, I've been into gaming for the past 4 to 5 years. I got into it about a year after the ps3 was released. I bought one and have been a sony fan since. Even though I've always heard PC was the best. Now with the next gen coming out. Me not having any knowledge of console releases waited till just yesterday... show more Ok, I've been into gaming for the past 4 to 5 years. I got into it about a year after the ps3 was released. I bought one and have been a sony fan since. Even though I've always heard PC was the best. Now with the next gen coming out. Me not having any knowledge of console releases waited till just yesterday to place a pre-order on the new PS4. Only to find out it is sold out everywhere! So, I've been thinking of this as an oppurtunity to perhaps go into PC gaming. But I still have a few questions and concerns.

1.) I really would still prefer playing on my huge 60inch Plasma screen with surround sound rather than being slouched over in a chair. I also would greatly prefer a controller over a mouse. So would perhaps a gaming labtop be best so I can HDMI it to my tv and hook a controller to it?

2.) I know it would be more expensive than PS4, but I dont wanna pay anything over maybe $550. I would probably only start off by getting Battlefield 4 on it. But I'm on a budget so nothing over that maybe. Would that even be powerful enough to run BF4?

3.) And that leads into my next question. I'm not a very tech saavy guy. I take engineering class but don't know squat about computers. I suppose I know how to take things out of them and put other stuff in, but I dont know if what I'll be putting in will be good. Where I'm going is, I dont know nothing about GPU's or CPU's and whats the best and worse. Im just looking for a stock gaming Laptop that will last me at least 2 years. Is that possible?

So should I risk it with this tricky PC buisness or just suck it up that I missed the preorder time and get the PS4 when it next becomes availiable? Thanks for any answers.
1 answer 1