chris n asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 7 years ago

Removing a programme - Mysearchdial?

I accidentally installed this 'search engine?' and now I can't seem to remove it. I have Windows 8 and when I go to uninstall - I get pop up message telling me to turn off my browsers. I am not aware that I have any browsers open. Any ideas? Thank you. Simple language please because, as you can see, I am not really up to all the computer jargon.

Harindu. Thank you. However, I tried the option F8 +Shift and nothing happens so no safe mode - either when I'm in Windows Explorer / Google or if I'm not. I don't have Google Chrome. On turning on laptop I click Explorer which opens Google. However, the laptop doesn't search in Google - it searches in Mysearchdial which is what I'm trying to get rid of. Any other thoughts? Tks

Favorite Answer

If you have chrome installed check if it is running in task manager. chrome usually runs in the background when its closed. if this fails. log in to your computer in safe mode here's how to do that: http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-s...

and then try to uninstall it.

Source(s): www.howtogeek.com