Should this have been a red flag??? I seriously feel like a clueless idiot right now.?

Ok, so. I started talking to this guy on a dating site about 2 weeks ago. I really liked him, and usually I don't fall that fast..he has made it a point to keep me up until 4 or 5 am texting, talking about anything and everything. We both knew everything there was to know about each other. I woke up every... show more Ok, so. I started talking to this guy on a dating site about 2 weeks ago. I really liked him, and usually I don't fall that fast..he has made it a point to keep me up until 4 or 5 am texting, talking about anything and everything. We both knew everything there was to know about each other. I woke up every morning with a "good morning" text. Everything seemed great, I really really like talking to him, he's funny, and fun to talk to.
One thing that made me really like him--I told him I had herpes (genital), and he said there were ways around that, like using contraceptives. So, I thought, ok..I really like this guy, he's non judgemental, bla bla. anyways, he's 28 and im 23-he wanted a relationship, wanted to settle down, have a family, said he was getting to that age where it was time to start thinking about all of that. My question for the red flag was that he said he was a very sexual person, but that def was not all he was about.
ok, he came to my place at 3 am, weird timing, i know, but we agreed. anyways..we watched tv, and slept until around 9..got up, went to the pool, played vball with some people, it was great, we had fun. Went back to my apartment, aand ended up having sex. Which he started..I didn't expect that to happen, and wasn't planning on doing it. I had to leave for work shortly after, he lives about an hour n a half away, so I text him and asked if he made it home, he replied "just now". aand was very short with me after that. I didnt hear from him all night, and said goodnight, no reply..and he hadn't text me all day today..so finally I text him, and here was the conversation.

Me-hey, whatcha doin
Him-Nothing much
Me-oh, I haven't really talked to you since you left, everything good?
Him-What do you mean?
Me-Idk, you usually keep me up all night, and text me when you wake up, and I kinda feel wierd now.
Him-Um are you serious? I haven't texted you today, ever think that I have things that Im doing or looking for a job in case mine doesn't go right? This is f*cking craziness that you are all wierd after half a day
Me-sorry, forget i asked.
Him-If you are gonna start checking on me that will be a problem
Me-how am I checking on you?
Him-asking all the questions about you haven't talked to me, you do normally do, and just craziness

woowww?? that escalated quickly, what the heck????

So I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happened..I was stupid, and fell for it. But why spend that much time talking to someone, getting to know them, and having a great time, for just a booty call? Or am I just being paranoid? I'm really not a needy person, all I did was ask, does that make me needy??? So frustrating.
Update: Should have been more clear. He came over Sunday morning a 3..and left that evening at around 1. It's only been a day, but still..
Update 2: And,,why even risk getting herpes, if you don't plan on sticking with that person??? sorry..all these questions keep popping into my head
Update 3: aannnndd--I probably made myself sound easy, I've had herpes for 8 years, got them from the guy I married. so I'm a little out of the dating game, and am just so lost
Update 4: He's a cop--which was the reason I trusted him, and I know where he work's and it checks out..he did where a condom. I live in apartments, with tons of people around, soo idk

Is there a way to reply on here?? I feel retarded adding comments lol