Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 7 years ago

Baby names: Kia?[:>>>?

Q's:How is this name pronounced?

Is it a girl or a boys name?

My aunt had a baby boy yesterday & they want to call him Kia. I don't like it but obviously it's not my choice, opinions?[:

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

I pronounce Kia like KEE-uh, and it's obviously a girl name. I don't like this as a full name, but it's fine as a nickname for Kia- names. However, I think this name really doesn't suit a boy. I totally share Lauren's shock about that. It's just... strange. Kai, Cian/Kian and Ian would be nice.

• Penny
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Wow. Triplets? You are going to be one heck of a busy person once those babies are born. I have 9month old twin boys, and i can tell you now, they have been hard work. If i can give you one piece of advice, make sure you have lots of support around you. Dont knock back help. If your community wants to hold a fundraiser, take it. You are going to need every bit of help you can get. Also, get them into the same routine. It took me 3months to get my boys on the same routine, and they have only just started sleeping through the night. Good luck with it all xx

• Sonea
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Kia is a girls name, pronounced "Kee-uh", It's a pet form of Kiara/Kiana.

Personally, I think that would be ridiculous to name a boy that, and I think they'd get teased a lot.

How about Kai? Same letters, different order.

Kai is pronounced Kye.

Source(s): HIH. :) xox
  • Snid
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I pronounce it Key-a. I've never heard it for a boy. I have heard it on a girl twice.

It just makes me think of the south Korean automobile.

Ultimately, It's their choice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Kia, like a freaking car?. Lol. Tell them to use Kyla!

• 7 years ago

I would prnounce it Key-uh like the car. Some people may pronounce it Ki-uh also. I would think it would be more of a girl's name.

How are they pronouncing it?

• 7 years ago

It sounds like a girl's name. Either way i don't really like the name

• 7 years ago

Either way pronounced K-ee-aa-hh or K-ii-y-aa-hh I would see it as a girls name, in fact when I saw you wrote boy I was quite shocked! Maybe suggest Kian?

Hope this helps! :)

• 7 years ago

Keyu, I think it's a girl name. I feel the same way you do.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

h3ll nall dats a grown asz ni66a he dont want no name kia name em gucci mane

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.