Hi, USA. Please would somebody explain why many of you believe that your government might morph into tyranny?

And if they did want to, why do you think your armed forces and civil police would support that as opposed to, for instance, arresting them? This has confused me for the longest time. No significant number of citizens of other Western countries believe this. And of course over hundreds of years we have been... show more And if they did want to, why do you think your armed forces and civil police would support that as opposed to, for instance, arresting them?

This has confused me for the longest time. No significant number of citizens of other Western countries believe this. And of course over hundreds of years we have been right. Is it that you think American politicians are uniquely evil, or what? They don't seem to be from the outside.
Update: Good day, [Peace Through Blinding Force] (and when did THAT ever happen?). You are entirely mistaken. The British Government (where I live) is subject to the Courts like anybody else. The Government is overruled in the High Court fairly frequently, and senior civil servants and - very occasionally - government... show more Good day, [Peace Through Blinding Force] (and when did THAT ever happen?). You are entirely mistaken. The British Government (where I live) is subject to the Courts like anybody else. The Government is overruled in the High Court fairly frequently, and senior civil servants and - very occasionally - government ministers are summoned to answer to the court on issues it is considering.

This is to my knowledge true of most other Euro Union countries and is probably true of all, but I can't say that from my own knowledge.