Nintendo 3DS vs Sony PS Vita... Which should I get?

I'm currently rocking my old Gameboy Pocket with Tetris, Pokemon Blue, and Pokemon Yellow.

I use to own a DSi and a PSP, but ended up trading them in to GameStop after I got bored with them.

But I've been very interested in getting a Nintendo 3DS or a Sony PS Vita.

If I get the 3DS I've decided on the following 3 games to start off with. Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, and Pokemon SoulSilver (I know its just a normal DS game, I've owned it before). And when It comes out this Fall I'll get Pokemon Y Version.

If I get the PS Vita I've decided on the following 3 games, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, and either PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal or Resistance: Burning Skies.

What do y'all think? And yes I still enjoy playing Pokemon even though I'm 25. I grew up playing it. I don't see it as just for kids.

Favorite Answer

I've owned both. I bought a Vita a few months back and was blown away by it. Having Playstation classics rocked, and some games on the Vita looks exactly like the PS3 version, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for example.

The problem with the Vita is there really aren't that many great games for it yet. It would be better to wait.

As far as the 3DS, its way better than the standard DS, the games are bigger, more detailed, its an entirely new system. I prefer playing the 3DS because Nintendo games are easier to just pick up and play briefly if you have spare time (Mario, Starfox). Honestly, it just depends on what you like.

Do you like Nintendo more or Sony more? Both systems are impressive, but they're totally different experiences.

Nintendo 3ds Vs Ps Vita

Honestly, I do NOT understand people saying that 3DS sucks because of possiblity of eye damage due to the 3D effect. You know, there is a SLIDER THAT CAN TURN IT OFF. IF IT HURTS YOU, TURN IT OFF. They gave that to you for a reason.

I recommand a Nintendo 3DS. PS Vita is a good system, but I think 3DS has better games. You seem to be a Pokemon fan; Pokemon X and Y will require a 3DS. Really, those CoD games and Need for Speed games are on multiple platforms and I don't see much difference in the games in the franchises that much. Other games on 3DS such as Paper Mario Sticker Star as well as Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon are great as well (if you like Mario franchise)

Not only that, the 3DS is cheaper than the Vita. The Vita is about 200 dollars while a regular 3DS is 170 bucks. (While you're at it, if you can, try to buy a 3DS XL if you are planning to get a 3DS. It's much better and costs the same as a Vita) They have similar levels of graphics, so you can sompare the two graphics and see which one you like better. They both seem to have pretty good Online features as well. If I were you, I'd get a 3DS!

• Karen

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axfsL

3DS, ps vitas are expensive and so are the memory cards and games. It library kinda sucks at the moment, with only good games, not great games, it also does not allow you to play psp games without downloading them. 3DS has worse graphics, but has a larger selection of games, and they are all better. The ps vita is actually selling really poorly at the moment, while 3DS is still doing well. The 3DS game selection is not perfect, but many great 3DS games are coming out this year, like monster hunter 3 ultimate and monster hunter 4 in 2014, also pokemon X,Y are coming out, new luigi's mansion, fire emblem and many more. The vita may be better in the future, but as of right now its not

They are both really good . I would advise the 3DS though because I really enjoy playing Zelda Oot, super Mario world 3D on it and when I get money I'm going to get the new pokemon mystery dungeon . On the 3DS , if you get pokemon black or white 2 it has a certain thing you can get so it uses the 3D camera and you can actually catch pokemon in reality and transfer them to the games. It really matters which one you like though (Sony or Nintendo ) the only game I've played enough on the vita is playstation all-stars, which to me seems like a clone of super smash brothers

• Martin

I'll recommend PS Vita. Here you can find a very good article, comparing the two consoles in detail:

http://ps4-or-xboxone.com/ps-vita-vs-3ds-xl-better

PS Vita is better in graphics, has more capacity for storage, it has some very good games available for it. PS Vita also offers GPS features, which allows you to track nearby friends and gamers. Multi-touch screen is good advantage over 3DS resistive screen. Definitely PS Vita would be better choice.

Go for Ps vita if you want much better graphics and game like Uncharted, Call of Duty, Resistance, Assassin's Creed 3 etc..

Create 3D Animations Easily : http://3dAnimationCartoons.com/?DsiK

• Cheech

I love my 3DS it has great games and I can still play my ds games also.

PS vita, less headache & eye strain with the 3D