Nintendo 3DS vs Sony PS Vita?

I'm a 14 year-old girl becoming 15 in March. Both have good and bad things. Ps Vita has psp games, but memory card are too expensive. 3ds has a bigger library and can play ds games without digital download like for psp games, and comes with free memory. Ps vita has better graphics and more apps. Which should I get? This is for my next christmas present for 2013.

Thanks :)

Also, 3ds is region locked while ps vita isn't

Favorite Answer

3DS, ps vitas are expensive and so are the memory cards and games. It library kinda sucks at the moment, with only good games, not great games, it also does not allow you to play psp games without downloading them. 3DS has worse graphics, but has a larger selection of games, and they are all better. The ps vita is actually selling really poorly at the moment, while 3DS is still doing well. The 3DS game selection is not perfect, but many great 3DS games are coming out this year, like monster hunter 3 ultimate and monster hunter 4 in 2014, also pokemon X,Y are coming out, new luigi's mansion, fire emblem and many more. The vita may be better in the future, but as of right now its not

I own Both. So far I have touched my 3DS more then my Vita just on the bases that the 3DS Is back Compatible. I would touch my Vita if I would play PSP games Without digital copy.

Source(s): Stated above.

The PS Vita. The games are not as good as the 3DS but once we get going its going to wreck the 3DS. The Vita I think does mediawise better but for right now 3DS has it for games. Its also expensive. I use my vita to play my PSP games and watch netflix. I am using my 3DS to play Mario/Zelda

Source(s): Kenneth has his mind in the right place lol.
  • Matt

Definitely the Vita. The library is smaller for now. It is much more powerful and much better graphics so it will last much longer than the 3DS. Yeah, the memory card is small but if you get a bundled thing you get the system, a game, and a memory card for like $20 more. Also, the Vita already has really amazing games released on it. (Persona 4: Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, Dynasty Warriors: Next, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss)

Also, if you subscribe to PS + you get free games for it (well, not really free but $50 a year for several free games) which currently includes Wipeout, Gravity Rush, and Uncharted.

The PSvita has better graphics, but most of its games are ports from a console (the PS3) that costs less than a vita. The 3ds is much cheaper, not as good graphics, but its games are not ports (mostly). he 3ds also has 3d. If your looking for graphics and don't care about price, the vita is the way to go. If you like better games with not as good graphics, but cheaper, then get a 3ds.

Source(s): my brain

well considering the Vita is pretty close to being a flop and its your cash and it sounds like you already made up your mind.so get the Vita and save up for a memory card or buy a bundle that has one in.but while the Vita isn't region locked you'll find a lot of the games are.

It depends on what games you would rather play. I have both systems and prefer to play my vita because of the games and because I just like playstation better. The only thing that the 3ds has over the vita is the 3d but its not enough for me to rather play it. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Me

PS Vita

3DS has more games, but Vita is more powerful.

Eventually when the vita is cracked it will kill the 3ds.

I think ps vita