Is it ok to feed my dog cat food?

I recently bought a two year old chihuahua x jack russell female (has been neutered), I could have sworn she was pure chihuahua as many people including my vet have commented that the jack russell is not noticeable. She weighs in at 6 1/2 to 7 lbs so she is VERY small (vet has commented that this is probably her... show more I recently bought a two year old chihuahua x jack russell female (has been neutered), I could have sworn she was pure chihuahua as many people including my vet have commented that the jack russell is not noticeable. She weighs in at 6 1/2 to 7 lbs so she is VERY small (vet has commented that this is probably her ideal weight if not a tad bit on the skinny side). I love her to bits, however she has proven to be a bit of a fussy eater.
As she was re-homed from an elderly lady I have to assume she was not walked at all as it was a few days before she got used to a new collar and leash (which she did not come with). When we bought her she came with the food she was fed on usually, a very low cost/low quality canned dog food which smelled disgusting.
She now seems very happy with us, gets along famously with our 3 year old male Border Collie who protects her like a pup, is walked at least twice a day and is not spoiled rotten despite what most people assume because of the breed (I don't believe in feeding dogs too many treats or scraps from my plate as I know a lot of human food is toxic to dogs, especially smaller ones).
To replace the foul-smelling tinned food we initially tried her on IAMS dried kibble for all adult dogs mixed with Winalot canned wet dog food in jelly as this is what we feed our 3 year old Male Border Collie (our vet has always recommended half and half), she went off this after a few days so tried her with dried kibble Royal Canin specially designed for small dogs as she took a shine to this when my brother and sister in law visited with their small dog, again, she went off this after a few days. My dad's cousin has always had small dogs and recommended cat food as she has always fed her dogs this and never ran into trouble. The main problem I found with wet dog food was the fact that she really HATES jelly in her wet food and prefers gravy, plus the fact that she needs about 50g of wet food per meal which is exactly half a pouch of cat food and very few dog foods come in sachets with gravy rather than jelly. I have read online that there are MANY health problems associated with only feeding dogs on cat food as they require different nutrients etc. However, more than half of the meal consists of her kibble with all the nutrients she needs with just a small amount of cat food to add soft meat and moisture, she seems to love this and licks her bowl clean after a few trips back and forth (she never rushes her food). I am just worried that I could be doing damage to her digestive system by adding the cat food but if I don't she starts refusing to eat and losing weight (for a 6 1/2lbs dog this is extremely dangerous).
Can anyone give any re-assurance? Anyone with a similar problem and please let me know what solution you found?
Thanks! xxx
Update: For the people that have mentioned teeth, that is not the issue, I didn't ask about teeth as the kibble I am mixing with the cat food is designed for her breed (chihuahua) and helps to maintain healthy teeth and gums. I already use chew sticks and rawhide bones occasionally which she will chew and this helps to... show more For the people that have mentioned teeth, that is not the issue, I didn't ask about teeth as the kibble I am mixing with the cat food is designed for her breed (chihuahua) and helps to maintain healthy teeth and gums. I already use chew sticks and rawhide bones occasionally which she will chew and this helps to clean her teeth but in regards to brushing the teeth this is a no-go area, have tried on numerous occasions with the recommended equipment but she does not let me get more than two teeth brushed before pulling and squirming so much she almost hurts herself.
As for the "mess" situation I have found it to be much more regular, no foul smell and seems to be much easier for her to pass since introducing the cat food to her kibble so this is not an issue. The issue was when she was not eating she became constipated.
Lastly for the people who assume that I am pandering to my dogs needs or being fickle with her food I am not, I have tried leaving the same food down for h
Update 2: *Continued* her, taking it away after an hour and putting it back down at regular intervals, hand feeding, everything but she will actually starve herself. Again, I do not feed her from my plate or give her treats excessively, but the cat food has stopped her losing weight which, again, is very dangerous for a dog... show more *Continued*
her, taking it away after an hour and putting it back down at regular intervals, hand feeding, everything but she will actually starve herself. Again, I do not feed her from my plate or give her treats excessively, but the cat food has stopped her losing weight which, again, is very dangerous for a dog so small already, the question was whether there would be any real health risks in mixing this wet food with her PERFECTLY BALANCED, NUTRITIOUS AND HEALTHY dry dog food which she does not touch on her own. Again, anyone with any real experience of a similar issue please let me know!