Is there any point in buying a PS3 or Xbox360?

I wanna buy a console but I feel like it's too late, with the arrival of the Wii U it seems like the next generation of consoles is soon approaching and I don't wanna buy a PS3 or Xbox360 and in about a year is practically obsolete because games at that time will mainly be released for the PS4 or Xbox720 or... show more I wanna buy a console but I feel like it's too late, with the arrival of the Wii U it seems like the next generation of consoles is soon approaching and I don't wanna buy a PS3 or Xbox360 and in about a year is practically obsolete because games at that time will mainly be released for the PS4 or Xbox720 or whatever they plan to call it. Is this a pointless worry over next generation console domination that wont happen anytime soon or is it better to wait for a next generation console produced by Microsoft and/or Sony?

Will give choose a best answer so 10 points up for grabs if your into that lol

Thanks