Nina G
Nina G asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 8 years ago

Fiscal Cliff Question?

Before I ask the question, I want to let you know that I don't want anyone giving opinions, especially about the Republicans, Democrats, whatever. I just want to understand the situation.

So what exactly is this Fiscal Cliff situation about? I was just reading an article about it and it appears to be something to do with taxes.

Also, I read that they HAVE to come up with a new bill every four years or so. My question there is...Why? If the bill we have is working, why not keep it? Why do we have to create a new one?

Favorite Answer

The Fiscal Cliff is about politician's incompetence, and yes, it does have to do with taxes and mismanagement of funds. They have to come up with a new bill every so often to make it look like they are doing something to solve the problem.

Source(s): Personal observation.

The words debt ceiling was replaced with fiscal cliff. Chasing darivatives is the outcome. Just like in 09-10 republicans voted with dems to raise debt ceiling but because of their egos they had to make it look like they are against it.

actual, this is no longer proper what they do. the country is destined for failure and also you elected it. Obama had 4 lengthy years to do some thing about unemployment and he did not do it. He did not compromise as sturdy. he's educated and characteristic to have some know-how of economics. He is favourite with that what he's doing will doom us to many years of severe unemployment and redistribution of wealth. What makes you assume $32 billion more advantageous per 3 hundred and sixty 5 days in accumulated gross sales is going to make a dent in 1000 billion per 3 hundred and sixty 5 days deficit? what's he going to decrease that he couldn't have decrease a pair of years in the past? You human beings fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Emphasis on sinker.

The word cliff just scares everyone but it also take everyone’s mind off the out of control and wasteful spending our congress and the president are engaged in. Demand Destruction has it correct!