Buying DVDs from the USA?

Hi, i'm interested in buying a particular DVD from the USA. I understand i would have to pay import tax and vat on the item. The DVD costs £20 with shipping included (which i assume is the US rate, it does not show the value of the DVD itself), how much would the fees cost in this case and also would i have to pay tax/vat on the shipping as well?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

be very careful about buying DVD's from USA, it may have a different region setting and may not play on your DVD player.

UK is Region 2, i dont know what USA is. It might work on your DVD, but i would check before you buy.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • !
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Import VAT at 20% - but the real hit is the 'handling charge' Royal Mail adds on to collect this: minimum £8.

• 3 years ago

you may in all probability get a region unfastened dvd participant that enables you to play dvd's from different places.considering Steve Irwin exchange right into a international celeb the Australian Zoo could have the DVD available on your region. There are hack codes available in case you seem for them. those are codes that enable you to play any dvd on your participant. What kind do you have? each and each kind has it truly is very own code.

• 8 years ago

Different region - do you have a USA region player?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tony
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

does it look like we work for the company you are looking at look at the help section or the handling shipping section different companies have different costs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.