What is a good gaming laptops to get?

I know ASUS and Alienware are supposed to be good, but lately Ive been hearing Alienware is not that great anymore and ASUS certain parts break down pretty fast and their customer service is bad. Are there any good ASUS or Alienwares out now? in the 1,500-1,600 or less range. Can some people name some good... show more I know ASUS and Alienware are supposed to be good, but lately Ive been hearing Alienware is not that great anymore and ASUS certain parts break down pretty fast and their customer service is bad. Are there any good ASUS or Alienwares out now? in the 1,500-1,600 or less range.

Can some people name some good gaming laptops as well as brands, I keep coming across some but then they'll be some sort of error with them.

Memory 8 GB or more with ability to upgrade
Hard drive 750 GB or more
CPU i7 3r d gen.
Graphics Card 2-3 GB or more
Windows
Display 15-17 inch etc.

Although i want a gaming computer i wont be gaming on it much, I just want a gaming computer because they tend to have more memory, and hard drive space etc.

thanks
Update: Thank you both..Alex i had checked that laptop out and i read reviews about freezing and touch pad issues...have you experienced any issues with that? and what yr is your ASUS? are there any others you would recommend?
Update 2: Also anymore suggestions are appreciated thanks