LED vs Laser Printer?

I'm looking to purchase a new printer for printing lots of monochromatic documents and I do not understand the difference between LED and Laser printers. I know the technology between each one is slightly different, but I'm looking to find out what the performance difference is.

Is one more reliable and cheaper to maintain? Is one faster and produces better results?

Favorite Answer

LED can be a bit faster when printing at lower quality, LED has maybe a couple of fewer moving parts which may make it more reliable. Otherwise I don't think there's much difference.

LED is simpler and more compact. It has basically an emitter with a row of LEDs the width of the page, which directly illuminates the page image onto the drum, with minimal optics.

Laser has a fixed laser emitter which is scanned across the page with a rotating mirror.

For just internal use, LED is fine. Since there is a fixed number of emitters at fixed locations, resolution can be limited by that. Last LED printer I had (way in last century) worked very well when it did, but the laser scan printers worked mostly better.

there's no value in any respect whilst it is composed of the printer/high quality itself. the only distinction is that LED can shop your cash on your electric charges, ability saver/reasonably-priced printer and robust for the ecosystem. in comparison to the flexibility intake of laser, i think of LEDs can decrease you over 40% of power cost savings.