Is it wrong to re-watch movies?

My family is always complaining that I re-watch movies a million times. I'll maybe watch a movie and then re-watch it a few days later, but it's not as though I watch it every day or even multiple times a day.

My family seems to believe that a movie is meant to be watched only once. But isn't the point of a movie to entertain? So therefore, what's so wrong with wanting to re-watch a movie?

Favorite Answer

Heck no!

"Good" movies are meant to be watched over and over again. You should be able to pick up on new funny easter eggs and details.

Like back to the future for example. I've seen that at least 10 times but I still pick up on funny little things I didn't notice before.

• Alex

Nothing wrong with watching a movie over and over. Our family re-watch movies all the time. That is the whole purpose of buying DVDs

My family does the same thing. I only re-watch things if they're on TV like the Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. I don't get why they get all mad either, but I think it's just fine to re-watch movies.

• I re-watch movies and TV shows all the time. I've seen the first "Pirates of the Caribbean" at least 3 times, "Religulous" 4 or 5 times, and "Elf" at least 3. I don't see how anything could be wrong with it. It causes you to notice things you might have missed the first time.

If it is a good movie, then we can watch it for a few times.

Nothing wrong but it sounds like me at 8 years old until now being obsessed with Star Wars

I re-watch movies ALL the time : )

Shucks no! I've got several movies on DVD and VHS video tape that I'll watch over and over and over...

if you are not legal age it is ageist the law. and you should not watch them any way because they give people the wrong idea about sex they make sex a dirty ACT sex with the right person is suppose to be a beautifully thing .

I'm sorry, but at Mike's answer,

You're right. Watching movies again is invincible..?

immortal, no. It's immoral!