My wii won't read discs, help!!?

It's one of the older Wii's; just to let anyone know. But I am confused as if it needs cleaned or if the drive itself needs fixed. I'm not too worried about breaking it, as we have another one, so I would like to fix this one on my own. But a disc will read and play for a couple of minutes, then the... show more It's one of the older Wii's; just to let anyone know. But I am confused as if it needs cleaned or if the drive itself needs fixed. I'm not too worried about breaking it, as we have another one, so I would like to fix this one on my own. But a disc will read and play for a couple of minutes, then the black error screen pops up. Sometimes when I go to put the disc in it won't even go in all the way, like it isn't grabbing the CD. Also when I listen to the CD as it spins, I hear a skipping-like noise. I really do believe it's the drive, and have seen something about adjusting the retention clip. Is this a good idea to atleast attempt to fix it? If so I will definately read up and educate myself on the matter more. Please reply ASAP! It is very much appreciated. I would love to be able to play MW3 with my roomates tonight. Thanks. :)
2 answers 2