Moving out of country and adopting Filipina citizen step daughter?

I am married to a Filipina citizen and through that marriage got a Filipina citizen step-daughter. How do I legally take her outside of the Philippines? Do I need the natural father's consent? Also, how do I go about legally adopting her? The information I am finding is geared towards children who have been... show more I am married to a Filipina citizen and through that marriage got a Filipina citizen step-daughter. How do I legally take her outside of the Philippines? Do I need the natural father's consent? Also, how do I go about legally adopting her? The information I am finding is geared towards children who have been given up for inter-country adoption by both natural parents.

My wife talked to a Filipino lawyer who said that since she had the child out of wedlock, the father has no rights over the child. Sounds too good to be true. He is still on her birth certificate. If anyone looks at the paperwork, I would be a criminal guilty of kidnapping!
Update: @ SERENATA Looks like there will be no problems for the child leaving the Philippines, only when it comes to adoption. I doubt the natural father has the knowledge or resources to mobilize an inter-country response, no matter how mild, to make claims to his abandoned child. The real problem is that she will be... show more @ SERENATA
Looks like there will be no problems for the child leaving the Philippines, only when it comes to adoption. I doubt the natural father has the knowledge or resources to mobilize an inter-country response, no matter how mild, to make claims to his abandoned child. The real problem is that she will be unable to attain American citizenship without being in the legal custody of an American citizen. Which means we can file for her citizenship when my wife naturalizes in about 5-6 years, or when she turns 18. At the end of the day, we will still be a family living together.