Should i get a ps3 or wait for the ps4?

Hello all, I was considering saving up for a ps3 but I recently heard that the ps4 is coming out in 11 months or so. I was wondering if this information is correct and if so, should I wait for the ps4 (I do not want any answers saying "get the xbox" because I do not want the xbox)? Also, do you think I... show more Hello all,
I was considering saving up for a ps3 but I recently heard that the ps4 is coming out in 11 months or so. I was wondering if this information is correct and if so, should I wait for the ps4 (I do not want any answers saying "get the xbox" because I do not want the xbox)? Also, do you think I hould buy Battlefield 3 (If you tell me to wait for the ps4, do you think Battlefield 3 will be on the ps4?), is it a good game.

Thank-you for your advice :)
Update: Turns out I was ill informed about the release date for the ps4, sorry about that. Thank-you for all your answers, they have been most helpfull.