A question about Dragonball?

Ok so I've heard all about how Dragonball and Dragonball Z were some of the greatest animes of the 80's and 90's and how awesome of an anime it is. But I want to know if it is truly worth the watch and if it is why?

My only problem against watching it is because it dates back so far the anime quality isn't as good as today's anime. I know Dragonball Z Kai is a remastered and condensed version but if I do watch it I'd rather not start with Kai because it feels like I'm missing out on too much.

So it'd be nice to get some opinions on whether its worth the watch, starting with Dragonball or Dragonball Z and why its so good/worth the watch? That's all I'm asking for.

Please don't insult me as an idiot or say that I've got no sense of taste, I wasn't born when the first Dragonball came out so I don't really understand the hype. Please give me a detailed answer if it is worth the watch.

And another question, if I do watch it what order do I watch it in. Do I bother watching the first, 153 episode, series Dragonball? Or do I just go straight to Dragonball Z as the main series, which is the one I'd like to start with if the series is worth a watch. Am I missing out on anything if I start with Dragonball Z and skip Dragonball? Is Dragonball worth the watch in the context of the whole franchise?

I probably won't watch GT if I do watch it because I heard it wasn't so great but if anyone has some reasons as to why it is worth the watch then I'd like to hear so.

Thanks in advance for people who take me seriously and give me a good reason.

Favorite Answer

I truly loved Dragonball Z as a kid and still watch it every now and then. My advice would be to watch Dragonball Kai since it removes alot of the filler, it should only take a few episodes to determine if you'll enjoy it or not. As for Dragonball its also good but i didn't enjoy it quite as much but that tends to be a matter of personal preference. Beginning with either is fine but i'd reccomend starting with Dragonball Z as it sums up the major events preceeding it in a 5 minute opening. Oh and yes avoid GT its very 'hit and miss' and definitely not as good as the other 2 series.

In summary i'd give it a viewing if nothing else its definitely been one of the most influencial animes of the last few decades.

Start with Dragonball, then DBZ. Kai isn't as good as the original is. Plus you won't understand like anything if you start with Kai

You should watch from the beginning to the end start dragon ball for you can understand dragon ball z better