Question about whether or not to get a cover for the iPhone 4? Not a screen protector?

I already have a screen protector so please don't talk about that. Answer if you have a iPhone 4/4S. I used to own a 3GS and for the year that I had it I kept the cover on as it protected the back which was very susceptible to scratches. I got a cover for the 4 when I got it but that recently broke and I want to know if it's worth dishing out £20 for a new cover, one that protects the phone. I don't care about the looks ( I had a plain black one). I'm asking this because the back of the 4 is very hard and scratch resistant (it's all I'm interested in, not getting any scratches). Do I need to bother getting a replacement or is the back adequate? It's much more comfortable without a cover but I'd prefer not to taint or damage my iPhone more. If you have the 4/4S, do you use a cover or not?  Much appreciation in advance for serious answers. Serious answers only please, I'm very paranoid about protecting my iPhone as you can tell and I'm aware of that (: 

Favorite Answer

I would get a cover to be safe. The iPhones are very susceptible to scratches and chips since they're pure glass. You could easily order a thin case off eBay for just a few dollars, that's what I plan on doing. I also wouldn't recommend otter boxes, just for the record. Mine snapped just taking the case off, what a waste of 25 dollars. ):

Source(s): I have an iPhone 4s

I just recently got an iPhone 4, and I have an otterbox commuter series. It's not bulky at all, and protects the back, and if you want to use them, it comes with screen protectors for the front and back. But I don't use those. Just the case.