A quick question about anime and english dubbing.?

This is not a debate about which is better ( subbed or dubbed) nor am I looking for opinions on that. All I wish to know, may seem quite dumb so sorry if it is, but when animes are dubbed isit just an english voice cast put over the anime or do they improve/enhance the animation?

• Mandy
    Favorite Answer

No, the animation isn't improved/enhanced at all when an anime is dubbed. They just add the English voices.

However, the animation IS often improved from the Japanese TV broadcast version of the series for the Japanese DVD release of the series, and this improved version is the version that is dubbed and released in English as well. So the animation isn't improved specifically for the dubbed version, but the dubbed version is the version that was improved for the Japanese DVD release. So if you notice some differences between anime you watched online that came straight from Japanese TV, and the English DVD version of the series, this is why.

Here's some examples of what I mean by "improved":

Hellsing TV: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id...

Tiger & Bunny (DVD is on the left): http://thisissternbild.files.wordpress.com/2011/07...

Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na (DVD on the right) - http://tinyurl.com/6wp52ax

Usually, it's fixing scenes where the characters look off-model (seems to be the most common correction), correcting colors, adding detail, and things like that.

Strictly the voice. They do put the mouth on loops if something doesn't fit into English. Only other editing is for censoring. Otherwise they don't change anything else.

• cedri

listed below are a number of my conventional's. wish you watch and luxuriate in them. Soul Eater (action, Shonen, Comedy fifty two episodes) (very superb/unique paintings, tale not a lot. yet after some episodes i could not supply up staring at) Hellsing (action 13 episodes) (superb paintings yet returned lacking in tale, i actual enjoyed it tho, others not a lot. yet another sequence I watched from start to end) Code Geass (Mecha, action, Drama, delusion fifty two episodes) (Very, very superb paintings and impressive tale and a ought to work out in my view, between the suitable) Bleach (action, journey, Drama, Shounen 250 episodes dubbed yet its nicely over 3 hundred episodes) (very stable sequence, superb paintings and tale (at cases) yet quite some filler) Eureka Seven (Mecha, Comedy, Romance, Drama, action, journey 50 episodes) (superb paintings and a impressive tale, the suitable anime I actual have and seen, its my conventional) Fullmetal Alchemist (the unique) (action, journey, Drama, Comedy fifty two episodes) (very superb paintings and an extremely stable tale yet another of my conventional sequence)

good animes will re animate it a little better...some only enhance it a little.

i dont know