Do You Make/Give Donations For Wikipedia?

I've Notice That Every-time I Visit Wikipedia To Read Some Articles, The Message Comes Up:

"Please read:

A personal appeal from a

Wikipedia contributor of 18,000 edits"

Or Something Equivalent, Which Could Be Just Annoying Ad, Even It's Open, Edited By Anyone Else (Which Sometimes The Articles Could Be Exaggerated, Incorrect Or Misconducted)

My Question: Do You Make Donations For Them?

Favorite Answer

No, it's a convenient library but because it is so easy to edit it can't be used as a reference for academic documents and therefore I don't think it is worth saving.

No, it's a scam. Since they claim to be a non-profit, they have to post their financial information online. Look here for the 2009-2010. They have 35 employees, none of whom actually creates a single page on Wikipedia, and their salaries for 2009-2010 was $3.4 MILLION. Million. Not thousands. Millions. Did I mention they have 35 employees? Oh, fundraising was $233,000. Facilities and operations was $690,000. Capital expenditures was $1 million (that's the building that the 35 people work in). External contractors was almost $2 million.

It only cost them $1 million of the $9 million they begged for to host the web pages. If that's not a scam, I don't know what is.

Haha I don't =)

I feel bad though. They're not asking that much. Only some donations..

I don't, I can't donate for everything :/