Liberals don't understand economics?

I hear or read at least three times every day that "liberals don't understand economics" and the context is always we "can't afford" food, indoor shelter and medicine for everybody but does lack of understanding get any more profound than the assertion that an economy is not supposed to... show more I hear or read at least three times every day that "liberals don't understand economics" and the context is always we "can't afford" food, indoor shelter and medicine for everybody but does lack of understanding get any more profound than the assertion that an economy is not supposed to provide comfort, contentment and security for everyone?

Every academic, expert and scholar that has ever proposed any economic theory always insists if implemented, the theory will make everyone more comfortable, more content and more secure. This is the ONLY reason ANYBODY EVER proposes ANY economic theory, dummy, so if you think comfort, contentment and security are unrealistic expectations of an economy then you obviously have never read so much as the opening line from any single work ever written on the subject of economics.

How can anybody possibly understand anything about economics if they are not even aware that the intent of economics is to expand, improve and increase comfort, contentment and security?
Update: @ roadrunner: good, excellent... so, the people we can't afford have to die, and this contradicts what I said... how? From which book on which theory did you read that? Can you cite a source other than Mein Kampf for that?
Update 2: @ Chris: True, IF you are talking about the study of economics. I am speaking in the context of economic 'theory' and 'theorists' (I also say "academic, expert and scholar"). Von Mises, Friedman, and Keynes NEVER convey or assume any subjective moral or philosophical values? None of them... show more @ Chris: True, IF you are talking about the study of economics. I am speaking in the context of economic 'theory' and 'theorists' (I also say "academic, expert and scholar"). Von Mises, Friedman, and Keynes NEVER convey or assume any subjective moral or philosophical values? None of them ever mention any relationship between economics and 'liberty'? How about 'prosperity'? Is that something other than a subjective moral value? None of them ever said their theories would increase productivity, preserve liberty and expand prosperity? Did I misunderstand those paragraphs when I read them?

-and P.S. a "science"? really? a NATURAL science? Did any of the economists I mention ever make any comment about economics and science? How about the Austrian School? Economics is a science like the study of board games is a science. If you analyze something mathematically, that's 'scientific' but it doesn't make the subject in questio
Update 3: question a science. We discover the principles of physics, that is a science, we invent the principles of economics, that is not a science.