Is yahoo answers a reliable source of information?

is yahoo answers a reliable source of information? or is just another faulty site where ignorant congregates to spread misleading information? I noticed some people use this site to discredit reputable companies by putting wrong assumptions and false statements against the company without allowing the company to... show more is yahoo answers a reliable source of information? or is just another faulty site where ignorant congregates to spread misleading information? I noticed some people use this site to discredit reputable companies by putting wrong assumptions and false statements against the company without allowing the company to defend against all these random and ignorant accusations.

If a yahoo question is available only to those dump people who notice the question, they can easily spread misleading information and the person who asks the question may close it too early.

What's your opinion about it? have you ever been affected by these defamations and yahoo did not care about your business?

I have seen very awful answers with zero facts, to me this site sound like a legal way to talk crap about someone or a company you don't like, what do you think?
Update: By the way, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Answers#Criticism The site does not have a system that filters the correct answers from the incorrect answers. It only allows the user community to choose the best answer from a line-up of answers.[19][20] Once the "best answer" is chosen, there's no way to add... show more By the way,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Answers#Criticism

The site does not have a system that filters the correct answers from the incorrect answers. It only allows the user community to choose the best answer from a line-up of answers.[19][20] Once the "best answer" is chosen, there's no way to add more answers, not to improve or challenge it; there is a display of thumbs down or thumbs up for each answer, but viewers cannot vote. Also, while answers can be briefly commented upon, the comment is not visible by default and is hence hardly read (even the user who posts the question isn't notified about an incoming comment to his/her posted question). The only chance to give a better (or correct) answer is the next time the same question is asked, but the older answer will still likely get higher priority in search engines. And any new answer will most probably therefore be 'lost' on any original questioner.
So the site would appear to lack longer-term peer review.

I don't t
9 answers 9