Brown discharge, no period?

Hi, I'm 19 and i've had my period since I was 15 1/2 so not really very long for my age. Anyway, i've been experiencing some brown discharge as of late, it started last Weds and lasted 4 days and then stopped. I just went to the loo and I had some more, it now looks like blood - just brown, it... show more Hi,

I'm 19 and i've had my period since I was 15 1/2 so not really very long for my age.

Anyway, i've been experiencing some brown discharge as of late, it started last Weds and lasted 4 days and then stopped. I just went to the loo and I had some more, it now looks like blood - just brown, it doesn't smell. My period was due yesterday using the 28 day cycle however my periods have always been a bit off so I can never predict a day! Last month, for example, I was one week and a half off the 28 days, usually it's more like with in 5 days.

I'm a worrier so I think stress is a contributing factor. I mean a REAL worrier, right now I nearly collapsed with fear, every thing I get I think it's deadly...

I was on holiday last week and could this have affected anything? Last year I got my period as I landed!

Boobs don't hurt but have been having mood swings, cannot be pregnant.

My doctor is 3 hours away so that's not helpful at the mo.

Could this be "old blood" which i've heard mentioned?

I did have one period 2 years ago when it was red but still discharge like, didn't have any pain or anything. I went to the doctors and had a (what I assume was a ) smear test. The drs didn't get back to me which I was told means it was ok.

Thanks.