10/2 or 12/2 wiring for 220v 20amp tanning bed?

I talked to a couple electricians that said if the tanning bed says it pulls 20amps max then I needed to run 12/2 romex wire. I called a local electrician to do the work and he told me he would not touch it if I didn't re-run the wire using 10/2. He said he would not responsible for my burning my house down if... show more I talked to a couple electricians that said if the tanning bed says it pulls 20amps max then I needed to run 12/2 romex wire. I called a local electrician to do the work and he told me he would not touch it if I didn't re-run the wire using 10/2. He said he would not responsible for my burning my house down if I kept the 12/2 wire. So I have 3 electricians that told me 12/2 is all I need and 1 electrician that said I need 10/2.

Is this other guy nuts?
Update: The bed says it needs a 20 amp breaker
Update 2: its about a 75' run, but I used 100' of wire to make running it easier. (I didn't have to spend extra time unwinding the wire)
Update 3: I'm at work, but had my wife look for a nameplate, and there is none. So I don't know the model number so watts it pulls or how many amps it actually pulls. The only thing the bed says anywhere is 220v 20amp :/

But yall's info so far has led me to think I need 10/2 just to be on the safe side.
Update 4: No, its not coiled up, it's just not tight. The actual run is prob 60' + 10' down the wall (w/extra length in case I needed it) + whatever it takes to get it to the breaker. I may end up being able to cut 5' or so off, I won't know until I snake it down the wall to the breaker. No I am not using 2 single breakers.... show more No, its not coiled up, it's just not tight. The actual run is prob 60' + 10' down the wall (w/extra length in case I needed it) + whatever it takes to get it to the breaker. I may end up being able to cut 5' or so off, I won't know until I snake it down the wall to the breaker.

No I am not using 2 single breakers. I am using a double pole breaker.

I would rather be safe than sorry, but I don't want to waste money if it's not necessary either.
Update 5: Alright so now that I got home I checked out the tanning bed in more detail. The nameplate is not there, it was removed before we got it. I got the 250v 20amp from the plug its self, not from the bed. The bed also has a transformer with it. The wire from the bed to the plug is 10 gauge The wire from the transformer... show more Alright so now that I got home I checked out the tanning bed in more detail. The nameplate is not there, it was removed before we got it.
I got the 250v 20amp from the plug its self, not from the bed.
The bed also has a transformer with it.
The wire from the bed to the plug is 10 gauge
The wire from the transformer is 12 gauge
The wire the previous owner used to wire up the bed was 10 gauge to the breaker box and he used a 30 amp breaker. (I guess he guessed idk, because he said the bed didn't have a nameplate on it when he got it).

The transformer says:
GE
max volts 264
max amps 20.8
60Hz single phase
.500 kVA
40c AMB 100c rise 180c system

I don't know if the transformer came with the bed or it was bought separately.

That is all I know about the bed.