I've found ants dining on my computer laptop - is my pc as good as dead?

• Maisha
    Best Answer

No. It happens me to. If I leave it out and open, they find it. They crawl into the keyboard and everything, but it's no big deal. They can't effect the computer in any way really, and they eventually leave after using it as normally, smushing the ones that are walking visibly, and moving the laptop around. Also, flip it close and the ants will leave.

Just change the location of the laptop from one place to another with the lid flip closed and the ants will leave.

Or put something sticky/sweet 3 ft or so near your laptop so the ants in your laptop will be drawn to that.

*I do not advise this though, it will cause an ant army. Follow the first tips. They work, trust me.

..But if you dropped something sweet on the laptop, try wiping it off, even with a slightly damp washcloth. And do what I said in the first paragraph.

They will go away. (:

Source(s): personal experience.

It's possible that the ants are actually helping.

If there's something spilled in there, they will eat it until it is all gone. They're cleaning you machine for you. Let them finish, and then try to fire it up. Once the food is gone, they will lose interest and leave.

(It's a lot easier than cleaning it yourself with Q-tips or something.)

U need to keep clean yr pc may b u ate something and some parts of food is thr near pc so keep all clean around u.

Rhetorical question yeah?

NO..

I found a spider on my TV screen, is my Television good as dead?

no, just something eatable had fallen on your, nothing else, nothing happened to your pc

should be fine