Is a GAME CD Required to Turn on my Wii?

So I just bought a refurbished Wii about 4 days ago, and at first, I turned it on just fine by pressing the power button on the console itself, or the remote. I remember that I was on channel 119 and pressed the video button on my tv. So the next day, I did exactly what I did the other time, but no matter how I... show more So I just bought a refurbished Wii about 4 days ago, and at first, I turned it on just fine by pressing the power button on the console itself, or the remote. I remember that I was on channel 119 and pressed the video button on my tv. So the next day, I did exactly what I did the other time, but no matter how I press the power button, the Wii wont turn on :( And my dad keeps telling me that you HAVE TO HAVE A GAME CD for it to work, I keep telling him that it doesn't have to happen, but he won't believe me ///... I checked all the cords were plugged in too. There's even a red light on the Wii indicating that it is off.. Helpp pleaseee.... Soo,, is the CD required, and help? Thaannksksyouu..
3 answers 3