Flipnoys, do you think that the primary factor that holds down the entire country economically is...?

colonial mentality? I know I know most of you (especially the uneducated kano expats) believe it is a "myth" but think about it this way: 1. The most successful asian countries nowadays are actually more corrupt than the philippines. south korea, taiwan and thailand are notorious for having the most... show more colonial mentality? I know I know most of you (especially the uneducated kano expats) believe it is a "myth" but think about it this way:

1. The most successful asian countries nowadays are actually more corrupt than the philippines. south korea, taiwan and thailand are notorious for having the most corrupt governments in the world;

2. neither do these three countries possess the most english-fluent workforce as the philippines. as a matter of fact, the working populations of the three affluent asian countries I listed above (and also adding in china and japan) score very low on the english literacy ratings;

3. finally, the philippines sharing a democratic form of government or christian religion as the developed Western nations does not seem to matter either. china is communist, korea/japan are shinto/buddhist and taiwan is whatever else they say they are--they all kick the philippines' butt.

so that leaves only one thing as the likely cause: an unshakable inferiority complex and lack of a defined national identity brought about by colonial mentality. agree?
Update: @EddieMame: likewise, espousing a "just do it" approach without the proper analysis is akin to letting a chicken run around sans its head...you know it's gonna end up dead--soon.