Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

how can i save an irregular shape image in photoshop?

i want to know how can i save an image i made with Photoshop with irregular shape or even a round shape image without the white background of the canvas. .

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tanja
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The best way is to add a clipping path, then when you place the image in another program/document it will not display the white square for the background.

There are some file formats that will allow the transparent background but these will limit your options for using the file, especially if this is for print as they do not support all colour modes you might want to use.

To add a clipping path, select all the white background using Magic Wand tool, go to Select>Inverse.

Click on the Paths palette (you'll find it under the Window menu item if it is not opened) and from the palette menu options select Make Work Path. Enter a tolerance (I usually use 0.5).

Double click on the Work Path to name it, the default Path 1 is fine.

From the palette's menu options select Clipping Path and select the newly named Path 1.

Save your file in your preferred format.

• B K
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Just erase the white background to make it transparent, save it as a png or gif

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.