Getting ready for a fight with a store over a refund: advice?

Here's the short story: Bought a laptop yesterday. Am currently out of the country and had to pay $600 for a $300 refurbished e-machines laptop. Oh well. Anyway, salesman (as well as cashier, clearly owner's wife) told me it had a webcam. Circle was there for a webcam. But it didn't have one. Was told... show more Here's the short story:
Bought a laptop yesterday. Am currently out of the country and had to pay $600 for a $300 refurbished e-machines laptop. Oh well. Anyway, salesman (as well as cashier, clearly owner's wife) told me it had a webcam. Circle was there for a webcam. But it didn't have one. Was told I had until Monday to return the item for a cash refund despite their policy that they don't offer cash refunds, and the cashier who agreed on this with me announced it loud and clear to the other 2 employees: husband and salesman. Didn't get that in writing, sadly.

Anyway, laptop doesn't have a cam. And I want my money back; laptop w/out cam, BETTER SPECS, for $120 less next door.

Sooooo, how should I approach the situation? Should I call them about it first, or show up before they do at the store? I wouldn't be surprised if they try to deny both, the offer to let me return it and the fact that the salesman said it had a webcam, so when they deny it, what do I say in response?

Furthermore, hell, i'm willing to work with them to an extent: cheapest webcam in store for free, 50% off webcams, SOMETHING. I mean, it's a bit of an inconvenience to work with an external cam, but it was the cheapest laptop around by a longshot, and the difference between that pc and the next pc up at every store I went to is substantial.

I really, really don't want to have to eat the cost of a cam, however. the salesman lied, after all, even though it's my word against the employees. Soooo, how should I approach the situation, and how do I approach their attempt to act like they never said I could return it and never said it had a cam? And for the record, America, I really miss your consumer protection laws and the fact that this has never happened to me there. :-/
Update: *it was the cheapest one minus the one nextdoor, which I'm almost apprehensive about buying after this experience.
Update 2: haha, ok, Winters, so I shouldn't even try? Thanks for the unhelpful answer.