Why do so many USA Christians claim that the theory of evolution is inherently atheistic?

When I ask people who believe this, they often reply with, "Because the theory entirely leaves out God." By that logic, should we also say that the theory of gravity is inherently atheistic? How about various laws and theories about prime numbers? Do we thereby claim that all of science is inherently... show more When I ask people who believe this, they often reply with, "Because the theory entirely leaves out God." By that logic, should we also say that the theory of gravity is inherently atheistic? How about various laws and theories about prime numbers? Do we thereby claim that all of science is inherently atheistic?

Are they assuming that because science focuses on naturalistic explanations, that makes it atheistic???