Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 9 years ago

Does anyone know anything about electronic relays?

Hi, I'm trying to do a simple experiment from an electronics book. The experiment calls for a relay with the following description:

little spiky legs on the bottom in a standardized layout (8 pins)

DPDT

nonlatching

12V DC

As a recommendation, the book suggested part# G2RL-24-DC12 by OMRON Corp.

The electronics store didn't have this specific relay but did have part# G6A-274P-ST-US (by OMRON), which I thought I'd try as a substitute basically because it said 12V DC on it and looked like the picture of the relay in the electronics book I'm following. My little experiment, however, doesn't work and I was wondering if it's because the relay I tried is totally wrong.

Obviously, I know nothing about electronics but if anyone out there knows better perhaps you can tell me if the relay I got (OMRON #G6A-274P-ST-US) is too different and thus cannot be used in place of the book's recommended unit (OMRON #G2RL-24-DC12).

Thanks!

Best Answer

the second one you used has a current rating of 16.7mA, while the one in the book has a current rating of 33mA.

international family members members Coordinator Robyn Broughton says His Holiness extremely needed to have interplay with crew and scholars. because the potential of St David is restricted to 500 human beings, it develop into desirous to run a contest to opt for on which crew and scholars can attend – asking what question they might ask the Dalai Lama. the competition closes on Friday 19 April, yet Mrs Broughton says there has been a outstanding reaction already from crew by the campus. “we've had entries from by the board,” she says. “proper from PhD scholars to senior administration.” And the questions conceal a spectrum of matters too. “There are truly some round a thanks to achieve stability in a hectic existence, truly some round His Holiness’s ideas around the area of tertiary preparation for children, some round a thanks to stay powerful, someone has requested ‘in case you'll properly be an animal, what would you be?’, yet another has requested ‘what's your favourite adolescents memory?’.” the merely proper inquiries to be positioned to His Holiness will be chosen by potential of the nationwide organiser of the Dalai Lama believe, yet Mrs Broughton believes there'll be mix of significant and extra straight forward-hearted questions. Professor Mark Henaghan of regulation will facilitate the consultation and positioned the inquiries to him.

Relay is basically a switch. U can read more on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relay

Source(s): Wikipedia.org