Sky Router ADSL Username & Password!?

Hello,

I've just bought a new Belkin N rated router, i want to replace the useless Sky Netgear router with with this one,

When i go through the instalation prosess, it asks for a Username@skydsl and a password.

Could someone please tell me where i can source this infomation, many thanks! :)

Favorite Answer

Sky don't allow its customers to change their routers.

You have to use the one that is provided by them. Its in the contact you have with them.

You can't even phone them up and ask for the details either, they won't give them up.

However there is a way to pull the details from your original router. Try this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?...

Sky Adsl Router

• Mary

I got the netgear router from Virgin when I signed up, so I would imagine it's the same router (or similar) no matter who provides it (ie either Sky or Virgin). Hold the reset button for about 10 secs and then you can reinstall with the default settings. Don't know if Sky mucks about with the router itself - only way to be sure is to test it with the reset button.

try username as admin and password as sky

• 1. The user name & password it is asking for is to connect to the internet.

2. This will be given to you by your ISP (if skydsl is your ISP,call them & find out),contact your ISP & get the correct information to enter.

Source(s): Source(s): This free tutorial is provided by www.computerspecialistonline.com

try the password admin and leave the user name blank

it would be your sky email username and password that they give you