Can I replace an xbox 360 DVD drive with another 360 DVD drive?

Hi All, I have two xbox 360's, Arcade Model, both from around the same time, one with red ring (out of warranty) and the other with disk reading issues (Doesn't read disk at main menu, Open Tray error) I was looking to see if it's possible to swap these DVD drives, but I heard there may been some... show more Hi All,

I have two xbox 360's, Arcade Model, both from around the same time, one with red ring (out of warranty) and the other with disk reading issues (Doesn't read disk at main menu, Open Tray error)

I was looking to see if it's possible to swap these DVD drives, but I heard there may been some sort of console code for xbox hardware?

If it's not possible to do this, what other options do I have? Where can I buy a replacement DVD drive that I CAN put in it's place? Will my console be considered a hacked console if I did this? and is at the risk of being locked off Live by MS?

Many Thanks
eltomo